A (failed) experiment: I got 18F6621 samples from microchip.com (I LOVE these guys!!) and they are packaged in a TQFP64 package (a very dificult to use package if you are not a machine) so I decided to make a breakout box. Get those pins in pin header format so I can stick whatever I want to them. But I failed miserably. The design was haunted by the 8mil distance between the legs. It proved more (less) than my etching method could handle so I had heavy crosstalk between the leads.
And the soldering was no easy job too!!!!!
But if you feel adventurous, there are brd files you can use to despair on your own :)